This book Petroacoustics - A Tool for Applied Seismics - consists of 8 Chapters intended to be published independently on the Internet:
- Chapter 1 - Some more or less basic notions
- Chapter 2 - Petroacoustics laboratory measurements
- Chapter 3 - Elastic waves in isotropic, homogeneous rocks
- Chapter 4 - Elastic anisotropy
- Chapter 5 - Frequency/wavelength dependence (impact of fluids and heterogeneities)
- Chapter 6 - Poroelasticity applied to petroacoustics
- Chapter 7 - Nonlinear elasticity
- Chapter 8 - Applications to seismic interpretation
A detailed Table of Content, Nomenclature, Reference List, Subject Index and Author Index is annexed to each Chapter.
Chapters 1 to 4 are available and published independently as pdf files.
Chapters 5 to 8 are still under construction.
To comply with the rules of copyright, no modification is allowed after the publication on the web; this is the reason why no information regarding the other Chapters, which are subject to changes (e.g. the precise table of content or expected date of publication), are given in a published Chapter.